This blog is no longer being updated and has been replaced by my new blog at jonathanemmett.com/blog

Wednesday 6 January 2021

A SPOT OF BOTHER remains my most borrowed UK library book!

I've just received last year's UK library loans figures for my books, courtesy of the Public Lending Right (PLR) organisation. Although my top 2 most borrowed books remain the same, the top 5 features two new entries and the return of a former number one.

A Spot of Bother, illustrated by Vanessa Cabban, is my most borrowed book for the third year running. The sequel to The Pig's Knickers was taken out of UK libraries over eight thousand times last year.

Prince Ribbit, illustrated by Poly Bernatene, has remained at number 2, while How the Borks Became: An Adventure in Evolution, illustrated by Elys Dolan, and Danny Dreadnought Saves the World, illustrated by Martin Chatterton, are new entries at numbers 3 and 5 respectively. 

The number 4 slot is taken by Bringing Down the Moon, illustrated by Vanessa Cabban, which took the number one slot in 2013 and was last in the top 5 in 2015.

The PLR figures show that my books were borrowed from UK libraries a total of 96,514
 times last year.

PositionTitleNº of loansRelative Position
1A Spot of Bother
illustrated by Vanessa Cabban
8,344
2Prince Ribbit
illustrated by Poly Bernatene
6,085
3
How the Borks Became
illustrated by Elys Dolan
5,961
4Bringing Down the Moon
illustrated by Vanessa Cabban
5,558
5
Danny Dreadnought Saves the World
illustrated by Martin Chatterton
5,419

A big THANK YOU to everyone that borrowed my books, the wonderful librarians that made them available and the UK PLR scheme for helping authors like me to earn a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment